#MIRtogether with IEM eHealth solutions for patient care
The number of people suffering from cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes mellitus and COPD worldwide is increasing year-on-year. These conditions result in reduced quality of life and a shorter life expectancy, and put a huge strain on the healthcare sector.
The IEM eHealth solutions have been developed to enable the monitoring of all standard vital signs ranges. By combining our partners’ innovative healthcare programmes with IEM eHealth services, we work together to improve people’s health.
Founded in 1993 IEM is a German manufacturer of validated medical devices, software and services, with 25 years of experience in cardiovascular diseases. Internationally, IEM has an established brand name recognition and a quality reputation for providing premium products and solutions. Acknowledged as a leading technology expert for hypertension management, IEM covers screening, diagnostics and follow-up management and supports global CROs and leading Universities in performing medical studies. Even large eHealth projects have been successfully implemented – an efficient therapy and compliance management of vital data recorded at home.
Offering the best solutions for healthcare partners in cardiovascular management – for the patients benefit.
The provision of innovative technologies for our healthcare partners and the patients benefit.
Why choose IEM:
- The IEM eConnect, which is approved as a medical product, was specifically designed for telemonitoring in care projects, doctors’ practices and clinical environments. The high level of interoperability allows other Bluetooth devices to be connected to the IEM eConnect on demand so that all needed measured values can be imported with just one modem and transmitted securely via IEM Gateway-Server (medical product). The elegant design and plug-and-play handling makes the IEM eConnect ideal for use in a domestic environment;
- High patient acceptance among all age groups thanks to easy plug-and-play use
- Minimised time and workload thanks to automated receipt and transmission of measurements
- Customised implementation of telemonitoring solutions thanks to high interoperability
- Easy plug-and-play operation and automatic delivery of measurement data
- High data security thanks to communication encryption by this approved medical product
- Enables interoperability with almost any measurement device with Bluetooth support
- Ability to transmit data to third-party solutions via IEM Gateway-Server (medical product)
ABOUT THE PARTNERSHIP:
In conjunction with IEM eHealth solutions, MIR spirotel® is used to improve patient care in doctors’ practices, clinics and within the scope of medical care programs around Europe. The measured values of patients are automatically transmitted to the doctor or health coach via the IEM eConnect transmission modem after each measurement. This allows the patient’s peak flow values to be viewed at any time, allowing doctors and medical coaches to interact with the patient as needed without any great effort.
IEM has chosen MIR spirotel® as a partner for spirometry for different reasons:
- Approved medical product with high measurement accuracy
- User-friendly thanks to ease of handling, large touch screen and automated data transmission via Bluetooth
- Suitable for use with different patients thanks to replaceable turbines
- Optimised treatment monitoring and ability to intervene promptly
- Increased patient satisfaction and safety
- Minimised workload for doctors, medical professionals and patient